1. Acquisition of Personal Information
- The Firm shall collect personal information by appropriate means.
2. Intended Use of Personal Information
- The Firm shall use personal information for the following purposes. Unless there is a reason permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations, personal information shall not be used beyond this scope without the consent of the individual concerned.
- ・Attorney Services
- ・Provide information on research associations, lectures, seminars and other events, etc.
- ・Mailing and e-mailing books, thesis papers and other legal-related information and greeting cards such as New Year's cards
- ・Respond to inquiries
- ・Recruit selection, communication and personnel management after recruitment
- ・Other purposes incidental to the above-mentioned intended use
3. Providing Personal information to Third Parties
- The Firm shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations when providing personal information to third parties.
4. Safekeeping of Personal Information
- The Firm shall properly manage personal information by using the management system in the Firm and training employees, and by taking measures to prevent the leaking, loss, damage or otherwise of personal information.
5. Requesting Notice of the Intended Use, Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use and otherwise of Personal Information
- With respect to personal information, if the individual concerned requests disclosure, correction/addition/deletion, suspension/termination of use, suspension of provision to a third party or notification of the intended use, the Firm shall first confirm that the person making the request is in fact the individual concerned, and then shall respond sincerely and promptly in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- Furthermore, if the request does not meet the requirements prescribed in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, or if due to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations there are grounds to refuse disclosure, etc., it may not be possible to grant the request. In addition, please understand that a fee may be charged for notification and disclosure of the intended use.
6. Inquiry Desk
- Requests for disclosure, etc., comments, questions, complaints, and other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information shall be accepted at the Firm's point of contact below.
- Address: Daiwajisho Minamimorimachi Bldg 9F, 5-1-9 Nishi-Tenma, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0047
- Phone: 06-6362-5900
- (Please note that reception hours are from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekdays).
7. Continuous Improvement
Verifying the Client's Identity
According to the Japan Federation of Bar Association's "Rules Concerning Client Identification and Record Retention", attorneys are required to verify the client's identity when accepting certain new cases. (Please also refer to "Verifying the Client's Identity").
Verifying the Client's Identity (Japan Federation of Bar Associations)
Due to this requirement, the Firm shall verify the identity of all individual and corporate clients and handle it as follows. In the case of individuals, we shall verify your name, address and date of birth by having you submit official documents (license, passport, pension book, alien registration card, etc.). In the case of entities, we shall verify the name of the entity and the location of the head office (or the location of the main office) by having you submit official documents (certificate of registration, seal registration certificate, etc.) and we shall also verify the name of the person in charge and their position by having them submit a business card, etc. Thank you for your patience, and we ask for your understanding and cooperation.